After receiving numerous nominations for Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s Women in the Law for 2011, 20 honorees have been chosen.
The honorees will be recognized in a special section to be published Sept. 12, and at the second annual Women in the Law luncheon Sept. 26 at the Detroit Marriott in Troy. The 2011 Woman of the Year, chosen from the 20, also will be named at the event
A Lawyers Weekly editorial panel selected the 20, and considered a number of criteria, including how the nominees:
• Commit to excellence in the practice of law;
• Serve as inspiring and accomplished leaders in the profession;
• Are mentors to other women; and
• Contribute significant time and effort to volunteerism and/or pro bono.
“We received so many great nominations, it really shows the breadth and depth of women in the legal community in Michigan,” said Publisher Donald Stemmermann. “There were difficult decisions to be made, but in our view, all of the nominees are winners. With so many great candidates comes a great opportunity for us to showcase the best of the best with these honorees.”
The honorees are:
• Natalie Alane, Alane & Chartier, PLC
• Hon. Dorene S. Allen, Midland County Probate Court
• D. Jennifer Andreou, Plunkett Cooney
• Mary V. Bauman, Miller, Johnson, Snell & Cummiskey, PLC
• Elizabeth K. Bransdorfer, Mika Meyers Beckett & Jones PLC
• Hon. Diane M. Druzinski, Macomb Circuit Court
• Elizabeth J. Fossel, Varnum LLP
• Lisa Sommers Gretchko, Howard & Howard Attorneys, PLLC
• Jennifer M. Grieco, Neuman Anderson, P.C.
• Eileen K. Husband, Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C.
• Nancy L. Little, Bernick, Radner & Ouellette, P.C.
• Andrea L. Moody, Bowman and Brooke LLP
• Kary L. Moss, American Civil Liberties Union
• Kathryn L. Ossian, Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C.
• Linda Paullin-Hebden, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
• Abby L. Pendleton, The Health Law Partners
• Tonya Schuitmaker, Schuitmaker Cooper Schuitmaker Cypher & Knotek, P.C.
• Tricia A. Sherick, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
• Janet K. Welch, State Bar of Michigan
• Zena D. Zumeta, Mediation Training & Consultation Institute