Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s 25 “Leaders in the Law” for 2012 have been selected.
The honorees will be recognized in a special section to be published Feb. 27, and at the fourth annual Leaders in the Law luncheon, taking place March 15 at the Detroit Marriott in Troy. At the awards ceremony, Lawyers Weekly will reveal the 2012 Lawyer of the Year.
After reviewing nominations from peers, colleagues and associates, a Lawyers Weekly editorial panel considered such details as:
• Exemplifying the noble tradition of the legal profession, coupled with commitment to practicing law in Michigan.
• A record of winning cases, solving problems or coming to judicial conclusions that reflect the utmost integrity.
• Possessing the ability to achieve success in his or her respective practice, while also displaying the strength of character that transcends results.
• Being passionate and aggressive on behalf of both clients and the legal community.
The 2012 roster reflects a diverse array of practice areas, from business startups, civil rights and toxic tort, to intellectual property, eminent domain and medical malpractice. In addition, two prosecutors and two judges — including the chief justice of the Michigan Supreme Court — were selected.
This year’s honorees are:
• John W. Allen, Varnum LLP
• Andrew R. Basile Jr., Young Basile Hanlon & MacFarlane PC
• Mark J. Bernstein, The Sam Bernstein Law Firm
• Thomas P. Branigan, Bowman and Brooke LLP
• John V. Byl, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
• John G. Cameron Jr., Dickinson Wright PLLC
• David E. Christensen, Michigan Auto Law
• Jerry Dorsey IV, Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office
• Darius W. Dynkowski, Ackerman, Ackerman & Dynkowski P.C.
• Brian D. Einhorn, Collins, Einhorn, Farrell & Ulanoff, P.C.
• Geoffrey N. Fieger, Fieger Law PC
• Hon. Nanci J. Grant, Oakland County Circuit Court
• Craig E. Hilborn, Hilborn & Hilborn, P.C.
• Maurice G. Jenkins, Jackson Lewis LLP
• Craig H. Lubben, Miller, Johnson, Snell & Cummiskey, P.L.C.
• Barbara J. Morrison, Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office
• Steven L. Oberholtzer, Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione
• Jesse M. Reiter, Reiter & Walsh, P.C.
• Rebecca Simkins, Barris, Sott, Denn & Driker, P.L.L.C.
• Phillip D. Torrence, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
• Jonathan Tukel, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan
• Jerome R. Watson, Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C.
• Anne Widlak, Nemeth Burwell, P.C.
• Hon. Robert P. Young Jr., Michigan Supreme Court
• Rodger D. Young, Young & Susser, P.C.