After a statewide call for nominees brought numerous worthy candidates, Michigan Lawyers Weekly has selected its 25 “Leaders in the Law” for 2011.
The honorees will be recognized in a special section to be published Feb. 28, and at the third annual Leaders in the Law luncheon, taking place March 15 at the Detroit Marriott in Troy. At the awards ceremony, Lawyers Weekly will reveal the 2011 Lawyer of the Year.
In selecting the 25 Leaders, a Lawyers Weekly editorial panel considered such details as:
• Possessing the ability to achieve success in his or her respective practice, while also displaying the strength of character that transcends results.
• Exemplifying the noble tradition of the legal profession, coupled with commitment to practicing law in Michigan.
• Being passionate and aggressive on behalf of both clients and the legal community.
• A record of winning cases, solving problems or coming to judicial conclusions that reflect the utmost integrity.
The 2011 roster reflects a diverse array of practice areas, from homeland security, consumer bankruptcy and asbestos litigation, to fire and explosion matters, Whistleblower Protection Act, and broker-dealer securities.
This year’s honorees are:
• Lawrence G. Almeda, Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione, Ann Arbor
• George W. Ash, Foley & Lardner LLP, Detroit
• Gary August, Zausmer, Kaufman, August, Caldwell & Tayler, P.C., Farmington Hills
• Timothy A. Baughman, Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, Detroit
• Mark R. Bendure, Bendure & Thomas, Detroit
• Michael Cavanaugh, Fraser Trebilcock Davis & Dunlap, P.C., Lansing
• Hon. Maura D. Corrigan, Michigan Department of Human Services, Lansing
• Stephen R. Drew, Drew, Cooper & Anding, P.C., Grand Rapids
• Michael Fabian, Fabian, Sklar & King PC, Farmington Hills
• Clayton F. Farrell, Collins, Einhorn, Farrell & Ulanoff, P.C., Southfield
• James P. Feeney, Dykema Gossett PLLC, Bloomfield Hills
• David H. Fink, Fink & Associates Law, Bloomfield Hills
• Kenneth Gross, Thav, Gross, Steinway & Bennett, P.C., Bingham Farms
• Hon. Milton L. Mack Jr., Wayne County Probate Court, Detroit
• Lawrence C. Mann, Bowman and Brooke LLP, Troy
• Paul A. McCarthy, Rhoades McKee PC, Grand Rapids
• Lawrence D. McLaughlin, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, Detroit
• Jon R. Muth, Miller, Johnson, Snell & Cummiskey, P.L.C., Grand Rapids
• Megan P. Norris, Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C., Detroit
• Tom R. Pabst, Tom R. Pabst P.C., Flint
• Gregory J. Parry, Eagle Risk Management Law Firm PLC, Beverly Hills
• T. Joseph Seward, Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C., Livonia
• Patrick G. Seyferth, Bush Seyferth & Paige PLLC, Troy
• Norman D. Tucker, Sommers Schwartz, P.C., Southfield
• Douglas E. Wagner, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP, Grand Rapids