The Michigan Supreme Court issued the following orders on March 22, 2011:
- ADM File No. 2011-01. Appointments to the Court Reporting and Recording Board of Review: Probate Judge Shana Lambourn, and Felicia Jordan, Sylvia Stratton and Rebecca Russo.
- ADM File No. 2011-01. Appointments to the Committee on Model Civil Jury Instructions: Mark T. Boonstra, Thomas Van Dusen.
- ADM File No. 2004-19. Rescission of LCR 4.202 of the 36th District Court: The rescinded rule provided “Rule: 4.202 Summary Proceedings; Land Contract Forfeiture (I) Joinder; Removal. (2) In the Thirty-Sixth District Court a money claim or counterclaim must be tried separately from a claim for possession unless joinder is allowed by leave of the court pursuant to MCR 4.202(I)(3).”
- ADM File No. 2008-29, 2008-43. Amendments of MCR 3.807, 3.921, and 5.402: Technical amendments to clarify former language and to correct cross references.
- ADM File No. 2011-04. Proposed Amendments of MCR 3.911 and 3.915: The proposed amendment of MCR 3.911 would eliminate the 14-day time frame during which a demand for jury must be made. The proposed revision of MCR 3.915 would clarify that counsel should be appointed for a parent even at the preliminary hearing of a child protective proceeding.
- ADM File No. 2011-05. Proposed Amendments of the Michigan Rules of Professional Conduct: The proposed amendments of MRPC 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 3.2, 4.1, 4.3, 5.2, and 8.4 would incorporate language from the comments of these rules into the rule itself.