In orders released late yesterday, the Michigan Supreme Court:
- amended MCR 2.003 of the Michigan Court Rules. ADM File No. 2009-04. The amendment establishes time requirements for filing motions for disqualification in the trial courts, Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court.
- solicited comments on a proposed amendment of MCR 6.201. ADM File No. 2008-38. The proposed amendment would require prosecutors to provide to defendants any electronic recording made by governmental agencies pertaining to the case known to the prosecutor.
- expanded the scope of the e-filing pilot project in the Oakland County Circuit Court’s Family Division. Administrative Order No. 2010-3.
- appointed Marco S. Menezes as chief judge of the Mecosta/Osceola Probate District Court. ADM File No. 2010-01.
- adopted a concurrent jurisdiction plan for the 12th Circuit Court and the Baraga County Probate Court. Administrative Order No. 2010-2.